Project in mind?
Please call us now on
+44 (0)1384 563356
Email your enquiry to
Brooks Forgings Ltd, established in 1960, has a comprehensive history of acquisition, investment, and diversification that put us at the forefront of British manufacturing.
Brooks Forgings Ltd was founded in 1960 by its current chairman Joseph Clive Brooks.
JC Brooks was trained as an Oliver blacksmith and at the age of 21 started his own family business.
In the early years the company specialised in the manufacture of non-standard items by using traditional Oliver Blocks. With further investment they acquired their first upset forging machine and progressed into the production of eyebolts and other upset forged items.
The company has continued to grow through acquisition and investment in its staff, plant, and machinery. Brooks Forgings Ltd is said to be one of the most diverse manufacturing companies in Europe with over 20 on-site manufacturing processes spread over 3 sites in the West Midlands.
Our diversification is a unique selling point and the use of sub-contractors is kept to a minimum. Components can be at multiple stages of production at any one time, flowing through the factory to achieve the quickest lead time possible.
Our quality management team controls all aspects of production to ensure the customer receives components on time, to the correct quality, and with the correct certification required.
1960 - BROOKS FORGINGS LTD IS ESTABLISHED
Brooks Forgings Ltd was founded by the chairman Joseph Clive Brooks and new premises were purchased at Doulton Road in Cradley Heath, West Midlands. Manufacturing continued at this site until 2010 when the entire manufacturing base was relocated to a new 50,000 SQ FT site at Balds Lane in Lye, Stourbridge. Doulton Road is the current site of our head office and warehousing facility spanning over 45,000 SQ FT.
1984 - PLANT ACQUISITION - BENJAMIN PRIEST & SONS
A proportion of hot forging equipment and tooling was purchased from the closure of Benjamin Priest & Sons in 1984. It was this step forward that helped Brooks Forgings establish a foothold in the hot-forged bolt and fastener market.
1992 - PLANT & STAFF ACQUISITION - WOODHOUSE BROTHERS
We purchased all plant machinery and tooling from Woodhouse Brothers in 1992. The machinery had to be removed within 2 weeks. The most valuable asset we acquired was a number of highly skilled staff, many of whom are still in the employment of Brooks Forgings today.
2002 - PLANT & PREMISES ACQUISITION - VULCAN DROP FORGINGS
Premises and all plant machinery and tooling were purchased from Vulcan Drop Forgings Ltd in 2002. The acquired premises became home to our Galvanised Fasteners Division up until 2011 when the office and warehouse were consolidated into our head office / warehousing site.
2006 - PLANT & STAFF ACQUISITION - NIMROD ENGINEERING LTD
In March 2006 we acquired all plant machinery, tooling, and stock from Nimrod Engineering Ltd. This acquisition enabled us to increase our machining capabilities. Existing staff were offered employment and many still work for us today. Brooks Forgings now has 13 CNC machining cells and continues to explore new opportunities.
2010 - BROOKS FORGINGS LTD - MANUFACTURING FACILITY
In 2010 a new 50,000 SQ FT site was acquired in Balds Lane, Lye, Stourbridge. All plant was relocated to this site from Doulton Road. The old manufacturing facility was fully refurbished and a new warehouse put in its place. The new facility in Lye houses over 20 manufacturing processes and a team of over 60 employees.
2010 - PLANT & STAFF ACQUISITION - B & G WILLIAMS LTD
The purchase of all plant equipment, including Flash Butt Welding and Bending machines, enabled us to expand further into the lifting tackle and marine sector. Brooks Forgings is now a leading manufacturer of mooring rings and a specified supplier to the industry. Many of their long-standing employees are still working with us.
2011 - PLANT ACQUISITION - HYDRAULIC COMPONENT MANUFACTURER
In August 2011, following the closure of an International hydraulic component forging facility in Halesowen, we acquired all hot forging machinery and tools to expand our capabilities. A Banning GOA 1250 Drop Hammer, automated Chambersburg Model C Impactor System, and automated induction heating lines were the most valuable assets acquired. Many of the redundant staff members still work for us today.
2014 - ACQUISITION - ARTHUR BLACK GENERAL BLACKSMITH
In November 2014, we acquired all assets and customer base. We continue to supply customers with the same level of service, offering bespoke components to customer requirements.
2017 - PLANT ACQUISITION - SHACKLE MANUFACTURER
In 2017 we acquired several pieces of forming and bending plant from a local family-owned business that specialised in the manufacture of shackles. This increases our capacity to produce shackles for the industry.
2017 - FULL ACQUISITION - W.H.TILDESLEY LTD - DROP FORGING
In 2017 we acquired one of the oldest drop forging companies in the UK, W.H.Tildesley Ltd. Established in 1874 they are best known for working in specialist materials and complex forging shapes. The company remains at its site at Clifford Works in Willenhall and is now part of the Brooks Engineering Group.
2017 - FULL ACQUISITION - LINKSTUD PSR
In 2017 we acquired Linkstud PSR, a company specialising in Punching Shear Reinforcement that is CARES approved. Forging of shear studs and fabrication of shear rails takes place at our manufacturing site in Lye, Stourbridge.